WiredX is an X Window System server, written in pure JavaTM.
WiredX enables you to allow access to UNIX/X applications from all web browsers with Java2 Plug-in and WiredX-Lite enables you to allow access to UNIX/X applications from web browsers(without Java Plug-in), IE, Netscape. They have been provided at WiredX.Net.
- WiredX is written in pure Java.
Its byte-codes measure about 200KBytes in JAR format.
- WiredX depends on Java2(JDK1.2).
- WiredX accepts X window protocols(X11R6.3), directly.
- WiredX doesn't need a proxy program.
Some Javanized X servers have existed already. They, however, need a proxy program, which translates X protocols to their own proprietary protocols.
- The Copy & Paste operate between WiredX and native window system are supported.
- XDMCP, REXEC has been supported.
- Anti-Aliasing Text has been supported.