CVS-SSH2 Plug-in for Eclipse
CVS-SSH2 Plug-in for Eclipse is an Eclipse plug-in to allow CVS access on SSH2 session.
The current version has the following features.
- This plug-in depends on JSch 0.1.17.
- SSH2 protocol support.
- This plug-in supports password, public-key and keyboard-interactive authentications.
- This plug-in supports HTTP,SOCKS5 proxies to get SSH2 access beyond the firewall.
- This plug-in has solved the problem 'Eclipse opens SSH connection for every tiny CVS operation'.
- This plug-in is licensed under the terms and conditions of CPL 1.0.
- This plug-in will work on Eclipse 2.1.* and Eclipse 3.0M*
- This plug-in has been included in Eclipse 3.0 M6(or later).
The archive file provided on this page includes the CVS-SSH2 plug-in for Eclipse 2.1.* and Eclipse 3.0 M5(or previous). If you have Eclipse 3.0M6( or later), you don't have to install that archive, because your Eclipse has already included this plug-in by the default. The following instructions are for Eclipse 2.1.* and Eclipse 3.0 M5(or previous) users.
- Delete 'com.jcraft.eclipse.cvsssh2_*' and 'org.eclipse.team.cvs.ssh2_0.*' if you have in the 'plugins' directory of your eclipse installation.
- Unpack the distribution file in the 'plugins' directory of your eclipse installation.
- Launch eclipse
- On Repositories View, New > Repository Location...
This will bring up the Add CVS Repository Dialog.
- Choose 'extssh2' for the Connection type.
- If '~/.ssh/id_dsa' exists, it will be used.
- If '~/.ssh/id_rsa' exists, it will be used.
- '~/.ssh/known_hosts' will be used.
The preference page(Window > Preferences > Team > CVS > SSH2 Connection Method) allows you to customize following settings,
- ssh2 home directory,
- proxy settings.
- key pair generation.
Pserver over SSH2
This plug-in supports yet another connection type 'pserverssh2'(Pserver over SSH2), which allows you to enjoy pserver connection to the CVS repository over ssh2 port-forwarding without any external ssh2 programs. To enable this functionality,
- New > Repository Location...
- Choose 'pserverssh2' for the Connection type.
- Put informations about ssh_user and ssh_host for ssh2
port-forwarding and hostname of remote CVS repository(cvs_home)
for the Host field in the following format,
This archive file is for Eclipse 2.1.* and Eclipse 3.0 M5(or previous) users.
- org.eclipse.team.cvs.ssh2_0.1.3-src.zip (174,993 bytes)
md5sum: 657452fbb2027ef49c18ccc5e87fae74 org.eclipse.team.cvs.ssh2_0.1.3-src.zip
Please refer to this page to retrieve it. And also , please note that latest code is for Eclipse 3.0 M6 or later.
Credits and Acknowledgements
This plug-in has been developed by ymnk.
Comments/suggestions are accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
``SSH is a registered trademark and Secure Shell is a trademark of SSH Communications Security Corp (www.ssh.com)''.